Thursday, February 6, 2014

Take It to the Stacks - Bookclub RA

In the adult fiction section, when I come across people who are browsing, I like to just say, "Hi, how're you doing?" to people gives them the heads up that I'm there and let them know I'd be happy to talk to them.  That simple recognition can be a perfect door-opener for the patron to get some extra assistance.  The other day, asking this question of a browsing patron got me the response "Great!  But I'm having trouble picking out some books to take to my book club this month.  I'm in charge of picking out a few possibilities for next month's book."  I got to bust out my RA interview, help her pick out a stack of books, then narrow the stack down to a few titles that she thought might catch the interest of her group.  It was a lot of fun, she seemed very excited and happy, and I felt great about the help I was able to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment