Thursday, January 30, 2014
Maybe you would like to use the scanner on our copier?
This was such a fun patron interaction! I had just finished fluffing in the New/YLD Adult Fiction, and I noticed a young man standing and staring at the self-service fax machine. He looked perplexed. I just walked over and said, "Hi, how's your day going?" He said that it had been fine until he realized he needed a credit card to fax. He didn't have a credit card, and he only had 10cents. Hmmmm...I thought, he might be a perfect candidate for FREE scanning and emailing, using our copy machine. I explained how it worked and that it was FREE! He really liked that. He called the receipient and it was acceptable to scan and email his documents. After he scanned his 10 pages and sent them on their way, he said that he was so glad that he came into the library.... "I accomplished what I needed to do, AND I saved $10.75!" It was so much fun to help this patron! He was in need of a service that he didn't know we had, and I got to be the one to show him! debbiess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment